What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG don't see the NIC

Votes:

Hi, I'm interesting about monitor bandwith of some devices in my network, I only have PRTG free version (no trial, no complete) because I'm using this program for a project, have no economic resources and It will take more than 30 days. So I install PRTG server and some remote probes in some computers, they all work correctly and I can monitor from the PRTG server all the remote probes specially the NICs but the problem that I have is that I can't see (neither monitor) the NIC of the File Server (windows Server 2003), when I go to the remote probe installed there I can see the probe, probe health, disc, and other sensors but i can't see the NIC sensor so I can't get data about bandwidth of that device. The Server works correctly because users and devices conect mormally to it. So the only issue is that PRTG don't see the NIC. By the way I'm pretty sure it isn't about the limitation of 10 sensors because I'm only interesting in NIC's sensors so I paused the other sensors.

Any suggestions ??

PD: I'm sorry about my English, but I can't find aswers in Spanish so I'm trying in English

Best Regards

Carlos

bandwidth bandwidth-monitor bandwidth-monitoring bandwidthsensor free-version network-bandwidth nic prtg

Created on May 18, 2013 7:03:54 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Created on May 19, 2013 2:01:02 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you very much Aurelio. I actually add a sensor manually ass you suggested me. I chose Bandwith/Traffic, Windows and Packet Sniffing and in fact now PRTG can see the NIC, the only issue now is that i can't distinguish between traffic in and traffic out, the graphics and the tables only show TOTAL values. I try in Edit and configuration off the sensor but it doesn't show an option for that... Is there anything that i could do to achieve that ? Maybe add a channel to the sensor or something like that ?

Best Regards Carlos

Created on Jun 6, 2013 4:41:11 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.