What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MOB file of PRTG

Votes:

i would like to push my alarms and notifications to NMS system (alarm aggregation system), is there a chance to have the mib file for the PRTG it self so as to install it at the receiving system

mib prtg push

Created on May 23, 2013 11:56:30 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid there is no MIB file for PRTG as it does not support SNMP in this way. If you are in need to export data from PRTG, you might have a look at the PRTG API.
Best regards

Created on May 23, 2013 12:27:43 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, but is there any alteranatibeve interface that gives me the ability to export my alarms such Corba or Asci, please confirm and where can find the pdf brochure for the PRTG API

Created on May 24, 2013 2:37:35 PM

Votes:

Hi,
there is no PDF documentation for the API. A full documentation of the API can also be found on your PRTG installation at

http(s)://YOUR_PRTG_SERVER/api.htm#tabid=3

The only way to get actual alarms out of PRTG is to pull the same vie the HTTP API. As an alternative PRTG can send SNMP Traps as notifications.

Created on May 27, 2013 9:28:26 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.