What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow v9 Toplists

Votes:

I have recently added a v9 Netflow sensor to PRTG (v12) which is working well and collecting data. The only query I have is how long it takes for PRTG to start generating top lists as the customer the sensor has been created for is very keen for specific usage stats.

Many thanks.

netflow-v9 prtg toplist

Created on May 23, 2013 3:01:35 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

This depends on the configuration of the toplists and the sensor itself, but the toplists should populate eventually if the sensor is receiving data. Have the toplists populated yet or are you still experiencing this issue?

Created on May 24, 2013 11:33:41 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Unfortunately I'm still seeing the issue and the data's been collecting for about a day now. Is there anyway to check when the reports should run or force one to run?

Created on May 24, 2013 3:54:16 PM

Votes:

I guess we will have to take a more direct look at the issue. Please forward and email to [email protected], with reference to this thread. Please provide a screenshot of the 2 day graph of the NetFlow sensor, as well as what you see when you select the Toplists page. Please also include a screenshot of the sensor's settings, as well as your core and probe log files.

Created on May 27, 2013 9:46:11 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I have collected all the info and emailed it over. Many thanks for your help.

Created on Jun 7, 2013 9:23:49 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.