What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP on ASA

Votes:

We have our Interfaces on our Cisco ASA's being monitored on PRTG, and our ASA and packitshaper seem to report accurate speeds, but the PRTG isn't anywhere close on the bandwidth monitoring. Any thoughts?

Thanks

asa prtg snmp-traffic

Created on May 23, 2013 3:34:30 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

NetFlow or SNMP? If SNMP, what results do you get if you query the same OIDs used by the sensors with our SNMP Tester? Do the values differ to those provided by PRTG? If NetFlow, have you had a look at HowTo: Monitoring Cisco ASA Firewalls with PRTG using Netflow 9?

Created on May 23, 2013 6:20:12 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I get this on the SNMP tester: Test 15:Outside Interface: in=131175396465 out=34567937728.

According to our tests, we should see around 41Mbs. PRTG only reads out 10 to 15 in either direction.

Am I just missing something?

Created on May 23, 2013 6:42:33 PM

Votes:

That's the values the device is returning, I'm afraid. In order to discern if there is an issue I would suggest forwarding us a mail to [email protected], with reference to this thread, seeing as we will require configuration data you might not want to present publicly.

Created on May 23, 2013 6:49:40 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.