What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Wrong values in Factory Sensor

Votes:

Hi It seems that the Factory Sensor is a bit buggy. From time to time it takes the wrong values from the original sensor. I have a factory Sensor Like that:

1. 2:chan Channel(3898,1)

This Factory Sensor is paused from 1 to 9 am. Sometimes afer 9 am, if the sensor start to operate, the values of this channel are different then from the original channel of sensor 3898. Example:

Sensor 3898 , Channel 1 has the value 178 but factory sensor shows me 203 ... I can try to put the recheck button but it doesent help.

A workaround if its happen is just to ad a 3rd channel like:

1. 3:chan Channel(3898,1)

Afterwards the right value is in the factory sensor. Afterwards i can remove the sensor without a problem and everything seems to work right again.

Is that a bug or a wrong configuration?

factory prtg sensor

Created on May 27, 2013 8:43:42 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Potential bug. We're looking into this and, if necessary, will provide a fix as soon as possible. Please bear with us.

Created on May 29, 2013 6:30:18 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi We upgraded today to 13.2.3.2166 I will update u if the problem apears again.

Created on May 30, 2013 9:46:51 AM

Votes:

We double checked on this. The issue has to do with factory sensors not interpolating, so that the live data being used by factory sensors are the values of the previous scan. So, it is possible that certain discrepancies ensue if one of the entries is "lagging." Seeing as it would demand extreme resource load to use synchronized pull / push requests, I'm afraid this will remain so, as otherwise this could have a detrimental effect on performance. Sorry.

Created on Jun 18, 2013 2:36:25 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.