What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Details Trigger ID

Votes:

Hello, I should like get details about logs notifications which have ocurred but I don't know what was the trigger event called.

For exemplo, in the log of sensor there are many "notifications info" with "Threshold Trigger activated (Trigger ID: 8589937211)"

so I should like know details of Trigger ID: 8589937211, who called it ?

thanks

netflow prtg9 snmp

Created on May 27, 2013 4:34:05 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

For each sensor, you should be able to go to the notifications tab and see which notifications are applied to that sensor. There it should also state where the thresholds are set to for these notifications and you should be able to adjust them there.

When a notification shows in the log, you can also see which sensor it was triggered on to the left. If you click on it there, it will take you directly to the sensor where you can view which notifications are set for the sensor. Sensor Notification Settings

Created on May 28, 2013 7:03:22 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, well I should like get details about Triggers. for exemplo, I have four triggers for a sensor but in log appear only the name of sensor and no the trigger what was triggered. it's possible look the trigger what was triggered in the log of sensor ?

thanks

Created on May 28, 2013 11:21:32 AM

Votes:

In the logs, it will tell you what type of trigger was activated and looking at that against what the last message was for the sensor is the only way to discern which notification was triggered.

For example, if your log says that a Threshold Trigger was activated and the last message from the sensor says that the "Sensor is below the 90% threshold", and you have a threshold trigger that says at 90% notify, then you know which notification was triggered.

Also, in the log, you can see the IDs for the notifications that were triggered. i.e. State Trigger sending EXE (Sensor/Source/ID: 2894/2894/3) the last number "3" is the ID of the trigger that was activated. If you search in the logs, it's possible to see what triggers have what IDs from when they were created or edited.

Created on May 29, 2013 12:56:29 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Sorry but I can't identify what ID of sensor was trigged yet.

in the log of sensor appear follow information:

"State Trigger sending Email,EXE (TriggerID: 4294969915)"

But when I look in the notification configuration of the sensor I can't view any ID for any trigger state. how can I send a attached file for you ?

thanks

Created on Jun 3, 2013 2:06:39 PM

Votes:

In the new version of PRTG, when a trigger is activated by a sensor you should see in the logs

"State Trigger activated (Sensor/Source/ID: 2894/2894/3)"

this can be paired with when the notification was created

"Subnode Created State Trigger ID:3 | esclatency:5 | escnotificationid:3355 | latency:5 | nodest:0 | offnotificationid:-1 | onnotificationid:3355 | repeatival:1"

In the older versions this was not available sorry.

Created on Jun 4, 2013 1:13:18 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, this is my version "PRTG Network Monitor 9.1.6.1963"

Can I update to the last version ? there is any cost ?

thanks

Created on Jun 6, 2013 2:57:14 AM

Votes:

You can log into the shop to see if you still have maintenance and if not, you can purchase it there or you can send an email to [email protected] with your key and get a quote from them.

Created on Jun 6, 2013 11:17:27 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.