What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add rectangle to map

Votes:

Is there an easy way to group a bunch of related devices on an existing map inside a black triangle?

When I try to do this by adding a "White box with black border" from the Objects group under the Properties pane, all of my existing devices disappear. Even if I send the rectangle to the back or change its Layer attribute, I still do not see my original devices.

images map prtg-network-monitor

Created on Jun 4, 2013 6:28:35 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Have you tried creating the box then setting the Layer to 0 then specifically making the devices on higher layers? Also, you may try creating the white box first. If this does not work, can you tell me which version you are running?

Created on Jun 5, 2013 11:43:56 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the response and suggestion. When I do as you have suggested, I can see my devices but connection between the devices are no longer visible, which is also a problem.

Created on Jun 5, 2013 5:19:58 PM

Votes:

Please try and download the newest version of PRTG by logging into the shop and using the download link there. This should have a fix for this issue. If this doesn't work, please submit a technical support ticket to [email protected].

Created on Jun 5, 2013 7:06:22 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.