What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No Such Name (error SNMP # 2)

Votes:

I am configured PRTG for a lot of device of my network, so I need configure the HP-UX server and the sensors for review or watch "memory, CPU, and file system space", not only "space", the performance is very important...

So, when I configured the sensor "for memory" the name is "snmpmeminfosensor" with "memorysensor", this give the error in subject.

I find your help, for resolve this issue, I don't know how configure "MIBS" for this produt, all information you can give me, I will be gracefull...

Thanks a lot...

custom-sensor sensor snmp-custom-sensor

Created on Jun 10, 2013 7:50:09 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post! Please try adding a simple SNMP System Uptime Sensor to the device in PRTG, that is the HP-UX server. Does the SNMP System Uptime Sensor then work? Or does it throw an error? If so, which error message is shown?

best regards.

Created on Jun 11, 2013 7:58:06 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, I'm configured the sensor "snmpuptimesensor", this OK, this appear in color "green".

I put a screen shot in the next url: http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/previo/thump_8485747salida.jpg

Thank you.

Created on Jun 11, 2013 1:21:37 PM

Votes:

Okay, that means SNMP is generally available. But HP-UX does not seem to respond to the standard OIDs PRTG SNMP Linux sensors use. We can only suggest to check if HP offers any MIB - Files, that you can import with our MIB Importer to monitor this.

Created on Jun 11, 2013 1:41:20 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Okay, I don't know How configure MIB into the server "PRTG"; we are shopping the license for this product. So, we need a course or more information for management the product.

I'm downloaded the "mib" from the page of HP, anyway i will open a call for ask to HP for the MID....

If you can send me a email with tipe of course or trainning about "prtg", I'll be grateful...

My license is for:

PRTG 100 Product Banco Espirito Santo

Thank you...

Created on Jun 11, 2013 7:39:30 PM

Votes:

I'm sorry, we ourselves do not offer trainings in PRTG. Maybe our Video Tutorials can help you a bit already. Otherwise, if you can tell us your location, we may have a partner near you, that can help you with trainings.
Importing an MIB into PRTG is really easy, just follow the steps outlined on the page of the MIB Importer.

Created on Jun 12, 2013 8:07:12 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.