What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New user wanting bandwidth to and from Mac mini

Votes:

I am a new user who is trying this network monitor for the first time. As an IT consultant, I thought I should have a look at this in case it made sense for one of my clients to have within their network(s).

On my own network, I have a Mac mini computer that I would like to use for demonstration purposes, if possible. I would like to put in place whatever is necessary so I can see a report showing the total bandwidth of network traffic to and from this client. I keep this client on a static IP address, so please let me know what has to be in place for me to see the total bandwidth to and from this steady IP address.

bandwidth-monitoring mac-mini macosx

Created on Jun 11, 2013 7:28:54 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
you will have to activate and configure SNMP on your Mac and afterwards just use a SNMP Traffic sensor. For details on this, please see this article.
Best regards

Created on Jun 11, 2013 7:52:51 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.