I would like to see only sensors which are paused by user. Because I have very many paused sensors, it is not easy to find all sensors of this pausing type. Is there a way to filter the list of paused sensors for a specific type of pausing?
How can I filter paused sensors by the type of pausing?
This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 13.2 or later
Filtering Paused Sensors by their Type of Pausing
You can filter your paused sensors by editing the URL of the overview page showing all paused sensors. Just specify the filter type in the URL.
Important notice: Please note that this is a hidden feature. We cannot guarantee that it will be forever working the way as denoted below.
Steps to Go
- In your PRTG, call a page listing all sensors which are currently in paused state: Click on the paused sensors icon in the upper right corner or choose from the main menu Sensors | By Current Status > | Paused
- The URL will look like this now:
- Note the various parameters filter_status. These parameters define which pausing type the listed sensors on this page have. For now, all filter states apply.
- You can delete filter states which you are no interested in (or add them again). Only paused sensors which meet the provided filter(s) will be listed. Please see the table below for the definition of available filter states.
|Parameter in URL
|Sensor paused by user (infinitely)
|Sensor paused by dependency
|Sensor paused according to schedule
|Sensor paused due to license limitation
|Sensor paused by user until a specified time
- To list only sensors which are infinitely paused by user, delete all filters except status 7:
- To list all sensors which are paused by user—no matter if infinitely or until a specified time—, use the filter states 7 and 12:
- To list all paused sensors except the sensors which are paused according to schedule, delete the filter status 9 from the URL:
This way, you can display paused sensors according to your needs.