What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No such object (SNPM error #222)

Votes:

Hello,

trying to get top talkers information from Cisco router over snmp, so i could graph IPs who use most bandwidth.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.7.8#oidContent

Object cnfTopFlowsTable OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.7.8 Type SEQUENCE Permission not-accessible Status current

When i create a custom sensor, i get "no such object (SNPM error #222), same thing with SNMP tester. But when i list all available OIDs with snmpwalk tool, i get results for many and many values inside of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.7.8

What am i doing wrong, or maybe the same thing can be achieved differently? Thank you!

cisco oid snmp talkers top

Created on Jun 13, 2013 6:33:58 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

It is highly likely that the issue has to do with index values missing at the end of the OID. Could you please run a "Walk" test using our SNMP Tester v5 Beta and forward us the resulting log file to [email protected]. Please refer to this thread in order to be able to associate the case.

Created on Jun 14, 2013 1:07:02 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

This, indeed, has to do with the index values missing for the OID in case. If you add a SNMP Custom sensor for one of the complete OID entries in the walk, for exapmple 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.7.8.1.2.13, you should be able to add a sensor. Using 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.7.8 will not work, as this does not explicitly point at a single counter and PRTG does not walk the OID to add the indeces in case.

Created on Jun 14, 2013 1:45:30 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.