What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Updated PRTG- Probes denied access?

Votes:

I've updated PRTG, and now my probes are denied due to the wrong version. This can't be the case.. because the top one is the server itself and one other probe has been manually updated. Note: I've removed the IP-Addresses

14/06/2013 9:32:27 p.m. None Group Root Probe Denied Access denied for probe at "IP-Address-Here:1910" (wrong version) 14/06/2013 9:31:41 p.m. None Group Root Probe Denied Access denied for probe at "IP-Address-Here:58301" (wrong version) 14/06/2013 9:31:40 p.m. None Group Root Probe Denied Access denied for probe at "IP-Address-Here:2329" (wrong version)

access-denied probe prtg

Created on Jun 13, 2013 9:43:37 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Could you please forward us your system log files for analysis, by using the option to upload the logs to our FTP-Server, using the button "Send Logs to Paessler..." on the tab "Logs" in the "PRTG Server Admin Tool". Please send the logs from the Core Server as well as from the Remote Probe(s), that have the problem.

best regards.

Created on Jun 14, 2013 1:12:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply. But is fixed now. It may sound weird, but I actually went to bed and received a whole lot of alerts during the night. For some reason, everything fixed itself 10 hours later. All is working properly now :)

Created on Jun 14, 2013 9:41:13 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.