What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error with Custom Sensor

Votes:

Hi,

I have created a custom sensor to monitor DFSR with a script running in the background. It runs fine against one server.

If I try to recreate or clone this sensor and apply it to another server I receive a:

Response not wellformed: "(C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\custom sensors\EXE\dfsr_check_script.vbs(28, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission denied )" (code: PE132)

error message.

Please could you advise.

Thanks, Gareth

dfs prtg13 sensor

Created on Jun 19, 2013 9:06:37 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
the error seems to be thrown because PRTG does not have the correct permissions to execute the same. Please try also activating the debug mode of the sensor. Therefore switch to tab Settings of the same and set option EXE Result to Write EXE result to disk . This will create a file called Result of Sensor XXXX.txt in the \Logs (Sernsor) subfolder of the PRTG Data Directory.
Please post the contents of the file.

Created on Jun 19, 2013 9:18:37 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

This is the error from the TXT generated:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\custom sensors\EXE\dfsr_check_script.vbs(28, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission denied

Thanks.

Created on Jun 19, 2013 9:31:03 AM

Votes:

Hi,

It IS a premissions issue. I setup the probe to use a domain admin account but it doesn't seem to have filtered down to the servers. I only became aware of this when I tried to create a WMI sensor.

I assume this is all because I originally configured PRTG with a local account then added various servers after. Only later did I change the account at the top level.

Anyway, it's fixed!

Thanks.

Created on Jun 19, 2013 2:56:46 PM

Votes:

I have a very similar problem my VBScript sensor is giving me the same error even though the response from running it in command prompt is 19:ok.

the contents of the sensor log file are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\custom sensors\EXE\GetIntelliloggerMemUsedPct.vbs(1, 1) (null): Unspecified error

Thanks for any help you can give me

Created on May 3, 2017 8:37:06 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

As the log states, the sensor runs into the following error:

Unspecified error

Please make sure that the sensor is executed with the correct user by specifying correct credentials in the device settings and enabling "Use Windows credentials of parent device" in the sensor settings.

Best regards.

Created on May 5, 2017 7:49:44 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.