What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMWareSensor25.exe uses high CPU

Votes:

Hello,

Since I upgraded to PRTG 13.2.3.2135, my server is very slow. (100% CPU on my probe device for minutes)

That high CPU usage seems to be due to a couple of VMWareSensor25.exe processes. That problem was not present in the previous release.

Thanks for your support.

prtg sensor vmware

Created on Jun 19, 2013 12:38:48 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Please update to version 13.2.3.2284/2285 and try again. Does this issue persist? If so, please forward us a mail to [email protected], with reference to this thread. We will provide further troubleshooting details by return mail.

Created on Jun 19, 2013 1:22:20 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I just upgraded to 13.2.3.2285 and it looks better.

It consumes less CPU in average, but I can still observe two peaks at 100% CPU for about 20 seconds due to VMWareSensor25.exe every minute.

Created on Jun 19, 2013 2:14:03 PM

Votes:

Leave PRTG running and check on it in the next few hours. If this does not entirely balance out please forward us the mail mentioned in the first response.

Created on Jun 19, 2013 2:19:41 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.