What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Exchange Retry Queue by Powershell

Votes:

I used to use WMI to do this but WMI is not that reliable, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

So what i want is to monitor the Exchange Retry Queue by Remote Powershell.

The output i am interested in is: Retry-Queue -Filter {status -eq "retry"}

Is there someone who can help?

exchange powershell prtg

Created on Jun 20, 2013 7:27:07 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

We have looked into this and are going to create a new channel for the new PS exchange sensors that should be in the version after next if testing goes well.

Created on Jun 20, 2013 12:53:51 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, but wil this be WMI based?

Created on Jun 20, 2013 2:34:35 PM

Votes:

No, these new sensors will all be based on Powershell since we also have noted the unreliability of WMI :/

Created on Jun 21, 2013 8:58:19 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK we upgraded to the latest version, where can i find the Powershell sensor for this? Because it still says: WMI Exchange Transport Queue.

Created on Jul 9, 2013 7:55:03 AM

Votes:

These sensors are still only in the preview channel and should be included in the next release. If you want to check them out, you can download and install the free version and then move it to the preview channel and update.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to move those sensors over when the stable channel has these sensors so they will need to be recreated on your normal PRTG server.

Created on Jul 9, 2013 8:38:04 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.