What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I create a report using library tags

Votes:

I am trying to create a report using a tagged library and I can't seem to convince the report creation tool to recognize the tags I've associated with the library.

I have a created the library to allow for a specific view into certain channels/sensors that matter for monthly capacity reporting and tagged the library so that I can report on only those channels/sensors that make sense in that context.

How can I create a report using a tag for the library to pull in channels/sensors?

Thanks

filter library reports

Created on Jun 25, 2013 12:09:53 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

reports based on libraries is not yet possible, sorry. But we are already working on it and this should be available soon.

Created on Jun 25, 2013 6:26:12 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has there been any movement on tying libraries and reports together? We want to do a daily report of down devices in particular groups of the device tree, and without the libraries, I don't see a way to do this.

Created on May 16, 2014 5:43:04 PM

Votes:

I know it has been a long time since June last year, but there is still no status change, sorry.

Created on May 19, 2014 12:15:26 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is it already possible to create report based on a libary? This would be really great!

Created on Oct 30, 2017 3:07:23 PM

Votes:

I just tested this, and it appears it is still not available. I'll pass this along.

Created on Oct 31, 2017 12:18:06 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello Benjamin, other kinds sirs.

What I'm trying to achieve is to have a daily report for each department to work with. Also it is worth mentioning that we have a lot of activity - servers and networks are deployed and removed daily (both physical and virtual).

Report should include sensors which were down overnight for over X amount of time filtered by department (i.e. storage team, networking team, server team, etc.)

I already created libraries which show necessary sensors to assess immediate situation and it is working fine. However I seems to fail to create a report for said libraries, apparently it's not implemented. Is there a workaround for it or ETA for the feature request?

We currently have only 3000 sensors purchased and I have to proof that PRTG is good enough for big setups, so somewhat quick response is much appreciated.

Created on Apr 25, 2018 11:36:49 PM

Votes:

Apologies, I do not have an ETA or a work around for this.

Created on Apr 26, 2018 6:27:21 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.