What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Snmp Traffic count and alarm

Votes:

I Monitors router via snmp (bandwidthsensor, snmptrafficsensor) How to monitor the Traffic In (volume) per month, and send Alarm if it is above the threshold?

prtg snmp traffic

Created on Jun 25, 2013 8:18:37 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
you might use the Threshold Trigger on this sensor for this purpose. It will alarm you when a defined threshold over a time is reached.
Best regards

Created on Jun 25, 2013 8:21:51 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How can I see the current value of Traffic In (volume) this month?

Created on Jun 25, 2013 11:26:40 AM

Votes:

You can either use the 30 days graph of your sensor, which will show you a total sum of the month or you might use the Historical Data tab of the sensor to define a own range which should be shown.

Created on Jun 25, 2013 11:37:09 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

>>You can either use the 30 days graph of your sensor, which will show you a total sum of the month

30 days graph show sum of the current month and part of the previous month. I need the sum of one month (for example 01.06.2013-30.06.2013)

>>or you might use the Historical Data tab of the sensor to define a own range which should be shown.

Historical Data show only Total (Traffic Total), no Traf In/Traf Out.

Created on Jun 25, 2013 12:54:44 PM

Votes:

If you need more detailed figures and data you will have to use the normal reporting function of PRTG.

Created on Jun 25, 2013 1:07:26 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I need a compact form of the report with many traffic sensors. It's Report with Template "List of sensors (no graph)" or "List of sensors (with 1h graph)". These Reports show only Total (Traffic Total), no Traf In/Traf Out!

Please add Traf In/Traf Out (volume) to these Reports.

Created on Jun 26, 2013 8:33:08 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid there are no changes planned for the reporting at the moment. However, you might try editing the report templates to get a custom report template.

Created on Jun 27, 2013 1:05:35 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.