What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor a network that is visible only by one probe of the cluster?

Votes:

I have a PRTG in Cluster mode with two probes, one probe in each site, but I have the following problem, in one of the two sites, exists a network which is not visible from the other site, and if the cluster is monitored, the alarm will not be monitored by one of the probes. There is some form to monitoring network if is not reachable by one of the probes (e.g. proxy)?

cluster network proxy

Created on Jun 26, 2013 2:29:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

The easiest way to set this up would be to deploy a remote probe from the Core server and then set up the sensors on that Remote Probe. In this configuration, the Remote Probe would not be monitored by both servers but you wouldn't have an issue with the sensors being half down.

The only other way to do this would be to set up a path to the other network from the server that does not have access. When you set up sensors on a cluster node, both the Master and Failover will monitor the sensors individually. Without connectivity from both servers, the sensors will be in a half down state.

Created on Jun 27, 2013 9:35:18 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.