What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor for Supermicro Server System

Votes:

PRTG Network Monitor have (or plan to have) support Sensor for Supermicro Server System Health?

prtg sensor supermicro

Created on Jul 2, 2013 1:16:33 PM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There are currently no plans to add dedicated sensors for the devices in case. However, if the device is accessible via PRTG you can use SNMP sensor to monitor the same.

Created on Jul 2, 2013 1:48:56 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

We have build a Custom Sensor based on a powershell script. But you have to install SuperoDoctorIII.

Feel free to contact us: [email protected]

kind regards, Clemens

Created on Aug 2, 2013 6:11:26 PM

Votes:

Is it possible to monitor a SuperMicro server in the PRTG monitor? I've imported the MIB files, but I can't get any of the hardware sensors to register for "health" and drive controller status. I've installed SuperDoctor 5 on a server that is on the hardware but I haven't figured out how it's supposed to work yet.

Created on Apr 25, 2016 8:51:04 PM

Votes:

Please use our SNMP Tester, run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform a scan with the imported MIB against the target device. Which results do you get in the Tester? Please send us the result logfile from the Tester.

Created on Apr 26, 2016 11:51:05 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

@Clemens Fürtbauer: What details did you implemented in your PS script ? Just temperature and fans health ? Or also disk health ?

Created on May 8, 2023 12:54:51 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.