What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

show interface traffic seperately from cisco router on PRTG

Votes:

I am new to setting this up so it may be obvious but I couldnt find a solution yet.

I have added a single sensor netflow 5 in to PRTG which monitors traffic on my cisco 1941 interface E0/0 and this is working fairly well, but I want to seperately monitor interface 0/1.100 and interface 0/1.110 , is this possible to get the traffic seperately if I add ip flow to those interfaces or will it all just be bundled into the one sensor?

cisco multiple-interfaces sensors

Created on Jul 2, 2013 11:02:49 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Basically there are two options for this. Either set different flow exports, so one for each interface, and then use two Netflow Sensors each listening on a different UDP port.
Or use one flow export for all / both interfaces, and then two Netflow Sensors listening on the same port. But the Netflow Sensors then use Filters on the sensors, so that each one filters for one interface.

best regards.

Created on Jul 3, 2013 9:48:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks I thought filters might do it but that gives me another option too.

Created on Jul 3, 2013 11:09:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.