What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Trigger notification after every sensor run

Votes:

Hello, It sounds stupid but I like prtg to trigger a notification after each run of a sensor. Root cause is that I want to transfer status and more of a sensor to an external database and I think about using 'http action' notification. I could run a new sensor very frequently to export sensors data that has changed since the last run but this will bring useless load on the system.

Or is there an other possibility to export data from prtg to another database directly after the sensor ran?

Regards thomas

notification prtg sensor

Created on Jul 3, 2013 1:53:09 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

If you want to have a notifcation triggered every scanning interval, then I would say to set something like a threshold trigger and have it set to a threshold that will be met each scanning interval.

You can also set up PRTG to autmatically export data. You can find more information about this below:

Export Data Automatically

Data Reporting

Created on Jul 4, 2013 11:47:40 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.