What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

INI file

Votes:

When I add an INI File monitor, it works fine as long as the value is a whole number. If the value is a decimal (ie. 88.2) the value returns as -1. If I change the value in the ini file to a whole number it then displays correctly. I have set the value as Custom with no luck. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

decimal ini sensor

Created on Jul 7, 2013 1:51:07 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

As described in this sensor's manual page, this sensor is only able to return an integer value. When there is a non-integer value, it returns a -1. I have asked the developer to see if this can be changed but he is on vacation until the 22nd so I won't have any answer until then. I'll post it here once I find out.

Created on Jul 8, 2013 12:42:51 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We have changed the sensor and it should be able to handle decimal values now. You can download it from the link below. Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

To update the sensor, you can extract the exe from the zip and then copy it into the Sensor System file of the PRTG program files directory. If you need help finding the directory please take a look at the article below explaining where PRTG's data is stored.

Where does PRTG store data

New INI File Sensor

Created on Jul 22, 2013 10:41:21 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.