What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Last Windows Update Sensor and WSUS

Votes:

We're trying to us the last windows update sensor to track the updates on our servers. On the servers that are using WSUS, it says the last windows update was something like 1,200 days ago. Does WSUS interfere with the last windows update sensor ability to see the last time windows update ran?

update windows wmi wsus

Created on Jul 8, 2013 2:06:23 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

I run WSUS and use Last Windows Update sensor to track when a server was updated last...it is accurate for me. All that sensor does is check the following registry key, you can do this manually and see if the date is 1200 days old

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install\LastSuccessTime

Created on Jul 8, 2013 5:28:15 PM

Votes:

I had looked at the registry key, it does say the last update time was that long ago, which I know is incorrect. So, I guess I'm off to other forums, unless someone has an idea here, but thanks for the reply! :)

Created on Jul 8, 2013 8:00:34 PM

Votes:

Are you seeing this behavior on all the Windows servers? I have seen that very minor Windows updates may not change this registry key. If you open Windows Updates on the server itself, does it also report the wrong date for Updates were installed: section?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg153542.aspx

Created on Jul 9, 2013 7:40:19 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.