What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Requesting help on custom Linux script sensor

Votes:

I am trying to monitor the number of files in a directory, I am able to use the following command at the shell to get the results.

find /var/qmail/queue/mess/ -type f -print | wc -l

I would like to use PRTG to monitor this but when I put it into a script it comes back with the error message below, although it does show the correct number in there but does not work correctly. I read through the API document and that it needs to be formatted correctly but due to my lack of skills in the development line of work I am looking for some help.

Response not wellformed: "2 " (code: PE132)

Would anyone be able to help me out with a script I could use to monitor the output?

api linux

Created on Jul 8, 2013 6:36:55 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

I'm like you, so as not resolve

Created on Jun 16, 2014 11:39:24 AM

Votes:

Dear user

The return message must be in the format value:message. For example, return "2:OK" (without the quotation marks) to return value of 2 and 'OK' as status message.

Created on Jun 16, 2014 12:51:10 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.