What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto Acknowledge Alarms

Votes:

Does the Auto Acknowledge feature only rests with PING sensors? because we have tried with other sensors and it didn't worked out. Although, we got the notification but the alarm didn't went into Acknowledge state.

auto-acknowledge prtg13 sensors

Created on Jul 9, 2013 4:26:59 PM

13 Replies

Votes:

The auto-acknowledge feature should work with all alarms.

Is the user that you are using to acknowledge the alarms allowed in their user settings to do this and do they have access to all of the sensors?

Can you send us the URL that you are using w/o the user credentials?

Created on Jul 10, 2013 11:18:22 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have Administrative access on PRTG, so probably I should have access to auto acknowledge all the alarms. Also, I have verified the users setting but unable to find any specific option listed with auto acknowledging the alarms.

URL - https://IP/api/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&ackmsg=Auto-Acknowledged&username=abcd&passhash=123455566

I hope this helps!

Created on Jul 10, 2013 2:07:42 PM

Votes:

Have you set up the Auto-Acknowledge notification for the other sensors that you are trying this on? With the Ping sensors, there is a box in the settings to set this up but if you are setting this up on another sensor type, then you will have to add a notification through the notifications page to execute the HTTP action.

See step 2 on this page Acknowledge a Sensor in Down Status Automatically

Created on Jul 10, 2013 2:48:15 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, we did setup a notification with the PRTG API I have provided in the previous reply and than assigned it to that particular sensor. To verify if the setup is working correctly or not, we paused an alerting sensor for 5 minutes. Once the sensor was resumed, it didn't went to auto acknowledge state however a notification was sent to the user.

Created on Jul 10, 2013 3:50:15 PM

Votes:

What are the settings for the other notifications for this sensor and what are the settings for the Auto-Acknowledge notification?

Created on Jul 11, 2013 2:28:49 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The only difference between those two is in the "Execute HTTP Action" where in for Auto Acknowledge notification, I have setup a URL, while the other settings remains the same.

Created on Jul 12, 2013 9:35:26 PM

Votes:

Could you submit a ticket to [email protected] and include a screenshot of the notification settings for the Ping sensors that are working, the notification settings for one of the sensors that is not working and a screenshot of the full settings for the Auto-Acknowledge notification?

Created on Jul 15, 2013 8:43:43 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, sure will do. By the way, Is there anything else we have to put in the email? like Company ID or some unique id provided by PRTG?

Created on Jul 18, 2013 4:46:38 PM

Votes:

Just reference the knowledgebase article in the email and we'll know where to find it.

Created on Jul 19, 2013 9:17:33 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry, I already submitted a request yesterday to the [email protected] to open up a ticket however, I haven't got a response yet as what is the case/ticket #. Could you look into that?

Created on Jul 19, 2013 2:10:02 PM

Votes:

No problem, I found the ticket and responded earlier today.

Created on Jul 19, 2013 3:27:50 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Greg!

I haven't got any acknowledgement on the request I had send through an email. Just wanted to know, how can I track the status of the ticket?

Created on Jul 20, 2013 3:49:47 PM

Votes:

You should receive an email from us regarding your ticket. I just sent another email if you don't get it, can you check any spam filters for messages from [email protected]?

Created on Jul 22, 2013 11:39:11 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.