What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I load balance PRTG

Votes:

I currently have a single server for PRTG with the following details: 3 x Probes 53 Groups 703 Devices 9683 Sensors 17,725 Channels 142 Reqeusts a second

What I am finding is that PRTG sensor updates seem to be timing out and appear to be under load. Is there a solution for load balancing across multiple servers? As I suspect that as we keep adding devices and sensors this is only going to get worse. From what I have ready clustering doesn't solve this as it simply provides a fall back in the event one of the servers go down.

Look forward to your assistance. Steve.

loadbalance polling server

Created on Jul 10, 2013 10:42:10 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

You could distribute the load over further probes, seeing as the same do the actual monitoring work and, as such, take load from the core server. If you would like us to have a look at your system's operation, please forward us a screenshot of your entire "Setup -> PRTG status -> System status" page, as well as your log files as outlined under How can I upload log files to Paessler support team? for analysis to [email protected]. Please referr to this thread in the mail.

Created on Jul 11, 2013 12:21:16 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.