What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Email Footer (Text) customization

Votes:

Is there a way to disable the Email Footer (Text) from System Settings page? We send some notications in the text format to our cells ([email protected] for example) and they often will split messages when they get over a certain number of characters. The footer adds to this and often is the only reason for the 2nd message, since we already have the text message formatting simplified down to the minimum we need and generally is sufficient for 1 message:

%sitename ALERT %status
%datetime 
%device %shortname 
%message

I have tried blanking out the Email Footer (Text) field, but it will default to the standard below:

=============================================================================
This email was sent to %toaddress at %systemdatetime.
Access the web interface for "%sitename" at %home
=============================================================================
%programname %programversion %company

How else can I eliminate some/all of this extra text?

email-footer notifications prtg text-message

Created on Jun 10, 2010 4:18:27 PM

Last change on Jun 14, 2010 7:45:22 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

this is actually a little bit tricky. It is necessary to enter at least three 'characters' into the footer (deleting everything it the way the fall back to the default). You can also use periods (...).

Best Regards.

Created on Jun 10, 2010 4:29:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I know this is old but we do the same as the OP. I changed the mail_notification.txt file to this:

<#lang key="common.strings.sensor" default="Sensor">: %name %priority
<#lang key="common.strings.newstatus" default="New Status">: %status %down
<#lang key="common.strings.device" default="Device">: %device (%host)

It tells us everything we need to know and keeps the message to under 140 characters, including subject. The subject is also shortened.

Created on Feb 24, 2016 4:10:18 AM

Last change on Feb 24, 2016 6:35:28 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.