What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to decrease CPU usage (average per instance)

Votes:

I am trying to monitor Tomcat Server on my Dashboard. When i am running the test case , observing that CPU Usage( average per instance) is increasing and sometimes reaching above 100%. And when CPU Usage( average per instance) is reaching above 100 % dashboard is running very slow. What is the suggestion so that CPU usage ( average per instance) doesn't go above 100 % ?

cpu servers tomcat

Created on Jul 11, 2013 7:32:58 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm sorry, how exactly are you monitoring the Tomcat webserver? And where exactly does the CPU usage rise? On the target Tomcat? Or the monitoring system?

best regards.

Created on Jul 11, 2013 6:38:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.