What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I get email alerts for a sensor being down and it says 0 seconds for the amount of downtime.

Votes:

I get at least 1 email a day saying a sensor is down and then immediately get another email saying it is back up. In the second email, it will have downtime listed as 0 seconds. I have the alerts set to email after 20 seconds of downtime so this doesn't make any sense. Please help! Thanks!

0-seconds email prtg

Created on Jul 12, 2013 5:29:25 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Please be aware that PRTG needs at least two consecutive Down-Scans, on a sensor, to calculate a downtime. So, the scanning interval is most likely longer than 20 seconds (which seems to be the latency here on the Trigger), so a 2nd Down-Scan is not yet done. We would recommend to simply set the latency on the Trigger to be at least as long as the Scanning Interval.

best regards.

Created on Jul 15, 2013 11:46:01 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.