What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Import from CSV

Votes:

Is there a way to import devices and sensors from a csv file? I have around 500 sensors to import....

bulk csv prtg

Created on Jun 11, 2010 1:01:54 PM

Last change on Jun 22, 2010 1:24:05 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid that is not possible, to import devices/sensors from a CSV into PRTG.

Best Regards.

Created on Jun 11, 2010 2:21:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I understand XML can be imported? If this is the case then can anyone out there set my in the direction of tool that can do a to CSV to XML then Purge script? Or could that be something the devs could write?

i.e every 30secs mydata.csv is converted to prtgimport.xml then the all information in the csv is deleted ready for the next 30sec import.

Created on Apr 1, 2016 1:29:25 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

It's also not possible to import settings from XML. The configuration of PRTG is stored in an XML file, but we do not recommend to manually edit this file to import sensors since it can be corrupted easily.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 4, 2016 8:01:06 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.