What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I add a top-communicator pie chart to a Map?

Votes:

Hi

I want to add a top-communicator list of our WAN-Traffic Sensor to a map, but it's not working. If I try to add it, the object is incopatible or it's just blank without any data. I've tried it with graphs, datatables and the top 10 objects but non of them was working.

If it's possible I want to add the toplist as a piechart.

I'm using PRTG v. 13.2.3.2285

Thanks in advance!

dashboard prtg toplist

Created on Jul 18, 2013 7:18:41 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. First of all, please update to the latest version of PRTG, 13.3.4. Please then send/upload some screenshots showing which sensor and which map object you exactly try to get onto a map. Thank you!

best regards.

Created on Jul 18, 2013 5:03:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Unforunately, the update is planned but not possible to realise within the next 2 weeks.

Here is the picture you asked for https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0kjwqp25a2dhn5/paessler.jpg

Just tell me if you need more information or other pictures.

Best regards

Created on Jul 19, 2013 6:29:54 AM

Votes:

Just to check, this is a Sniffer- or Flow-Based sensor? We can't reproduce this here with the latest version of PRTG running, it's likely one of the minor bugs fixed since 13.2.3

Created on Jul 19, 2013 9:08:21 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

As you see in the picture in the upper left corner, it's a Sniffer Sensor. The update will be done in the next weeks. Do you have an idea to fix my problem or should I wait till the update is done?

Created on Jul 19, 2013 11:34:10 AM

Votes:

I've found the communicator toplist now, but i have following problem with it. I can add the object to my map without problems. But if I try to resize the object, it clears all the data. https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3b5kwqy7y8fkwj/toplist.jpg

Created on Jul 19, 2013 12:54:41 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.