What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change path for smbdiskspacesensor

Votes:

Is it possible to change the path of a SMB diskspace sensor? I used to query the admin shares (c$, d$ and so on) but our server guys have now decided that these are not to be used anymore, deactivated them and replaced them with read-only shares of a different name.

I have a lot of those sensors and I really really really don't want to recreate all sensors with a new SMBsensor for the read-only shares or even a WMI sensor ...

Please tell me there is a way. ;-)

change diskspace smb smbdiskspacesensor

Created on Jul 18, 2013 10:35:46 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid it really is that way, new sensors for the shares have to be added. Of course, you can keep the old sensors paused for the historic data. Or even use Sensor Factory Sensors then to combine the data of old and new sensors.

best regards.

Created on Jul 18, 2013 5:08:46 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey

Yes well I thought as much. Okay then ... is there any chance of this ever being added in a future release? I don't quite understand why this can't be changed after creating the sensor ...

Regards

Created on Jul 19, 2013 10:57:51 AM

Votes:

I will put this on the wish-list, but can't promise a certain ETA in the moment. Please bear with us.

Created on Jul 19, 2013 3:31:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.