What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto-Discovery Stuck at 0%

Votes:

Using v. 13.2.3.2064 x64, I am testing using auto-discovery. I have created an auto discovery group using the IP and subnet option. I know the subnet I'm entering has devices but when I create the group it hangs at 0% and does not seem to be progressing.

Has anyone ever experienced this or have a solution?

auto-discovery device groups ip

Created on Jul 18, 2013 4:34:08 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. First of all, please update to the latest version of PRTG, 13.3.4. Does the issue then persist? If it does, please upload a screenshot showing the "Settings" of the Auto-Discovery Group.

best regards.

Created on Jul 19, 2013 9:40:26 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It has actually started without the upgrade. It seems to be a very slow process. I am auto discovery a data center range which is almost complete a little over 24 hours later. Is this expected?

Created on Jul 19, 2013 6:33:37 PM

Votes:

It depends on the size of the network and the set IP-Ranges in the Auto-Discovery group. So what were the address ranges you've set to be discovered?

Created on Jul 22, 2013 12:28:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.