What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Could not log in using the specified credentials. Please make sure they are not only valid for the t

Votes:

Hi Guys,

Can somebody please shed some light on this. This error is on a server with 5 sensors. Rest 4 sensors work fine. only the CPU load sensor is giving the above error since 10 days. I have tried to re added the sensor, still the error.

All using the same credentials. I doubt it is the credentials because there are disk space sensors that work fine.

Can somebody help me fix this?

Faraz

0xb0000004 credentials sensor

Created on Jul 22, 2013 4:43:45 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Please try if any of the tips in our "Performance Counter Troubleshooting Guide" in our KB do help.

Also, please do not hesitate to add any comments to this article, should you find anything helpful for you as well, that's not yet mentioned!

best regards.

Created on Jul 22, 2013 1:38:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Torsten.

I change the windows compatibility option to WMI only on the device, still makes no difference.

I will give some overview of our system. We have 10 Devices in a group, the credentials are specified at group level. devices have sensors like Diskspace, CPU Load, Memory and Ping.

On this particular server there are 3 other sensors (Memory, Diskpace, Ping) they work fine and return values. So I doubt its the credentials or the permissions on the server.

Any Ideas?

Created on Jul 23, 2013 12:12:23 AM

Votes:

The Memory and Diskspace Sensors can only use WMI to query their result. Ping uses ICMP with no credentials at all. So that these are working, can be a bit misleading. Because the CPU sensor has the capability to also read performance counters, which failed here. So the error message only applied to the CPU sensor, when it tried to use Performance Counters.
Now with switching to "WMI Only" the CPU sensor has to use WMI as well to gather its values, and then it has to show a different error message. Maybe try pausing it for 15 minutes and then resume it.

Created on Jul 23, 2013 9:27:23 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.