What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Local Probe disconnected since Windows updates on 6/10

Votes:

It seems that after my XP machine took the latest round of MS patches, the local probe is showing disconnected (and all sensors are greyed out). Not sure how to troubleshoot. Tried restarting services, but that didn't seem to work.

disconnected local probe prtg

Created on Jun 11, 2010 4:57:26 PM

Last change on Jun 14, 2010 7:47:24 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

2 Replies

Votes:

Could you please forward us your system log files for analysis to [email protected]? You can find the same under

XP/2003:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V7\Logs (System)

Please include the KB article text!

Created on Jun 13, 2010 1:15:52 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 14, 2010 7:46:48 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Chris,

I had the same issue; sure you've resolved it by now, but I'm posting just to share my experience. I logged in and saw the probe service wasn't started (core was). Apparently it didn't start for some reason after WU+reboot (even though it's set to and does the rest of the time).

After bouncing it both came up fine local probe starting working and then all devices came up fine.

Regards, Ryan

Created on Aug 17, 2010 7:09:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.