What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

extract logs from linsys router

Votes:

Hello, is it possible to have PRTG Network Monitor extract the different log tables from the Linksys routers, specifically the rv082? I would like to automatically monitor the outgoing and incoming log tables and tabulate the ip addresses, ports, etc. Currently they are emailed to me and I have some scripting to do this, but was looking for a more automated solution.

Thanks, Nick.

logs prtg snmp

Created on Jul 23, 2013 4:04:00 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

hello,

out of the box this is not possible. You would have to use a custom sensor and do some scripting as well.

The custom sensor script would need to pick the logs from the router and then process them and then return an output readable to PRTG.

Created on Jul 24, 2013 7:31:25 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 24, 2013 7:31:41 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks - any idea as to if there is an alternate solution that works out of the box? I'm not 100% sure what I'm searching for, so I'm not getting much luck on the search results.

Created on Jul 24, 2013 5:08:01 PM

Votes:

Hello,

nothing that pops up in my head right now, sorry.

Created on Jul 25, 2013 6:12:26 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.