What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I seperate Vcenter to multiple Probes?

Votes:

I have our Vmware Vcenter 5.1 in PRTG. I am getting "Timeout causes by wait for mutex (code: PE121)". I want to separate the host checks from the client checks to two different probes, but when I cloned the Vcenter item, and deleted all but the PING and the client checks, the client checks all failed with the error "unable to locate /prtg"

How would it be best to separate up the Vcenter to multiple probes to prevent the mutex timeout error? How can I tell from within PRTG which clients go with which Vmware Hosts?

multiple-probes mutex-timeout vcenter vmware

Created on Jul 23, 2013 9:31:38 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. The error:

"unable to locate /prtg" 

usually hints on a missing .Net-Installation. Is .Net 4.0 installed on the 2nd/new Probe host?

best regards.

Created on Jul 24, 2013 1:13:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.