What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Threshold triggers for SSL cert expiry sensor do not send notifications

Votes:

I have SSL cert expiry sensors setup for several websites. I have a threshold trigger set to notify me when the cert will expire in less than 90 days. I have a cert that is 101 days overdue and it will not trigger a notification. I have several other certs expiring in 300-900 days. Even if I set the threshold to 1000 days, I still don't get notifications.

Any ideas?

E.G.

Threshold Trigger

When Total channel is Below 90 for at least 60 seconds perform Tony Test Notification

When condition clears perform Email Test Notification

notification ssl threshold

Created on Jul 24, 2013 1:14:00 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Can you please upload a screenshot showing the Trigger Settings for this "HTTP SSL Certificate Expiry Sensor"?

best regards

Created on Jul 24, 2013 1:19:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Here is a screenshot

http://tinypic.com/r/2je9ymq/5

Created on Jul 24, 2013 3:52:24 PM

Votes:

I'm sorry, but it will not work this way with an inherited trigger, that is set on the "Total"-Channel, because the SSL Certificate Expiry Sensors do not have such a Total Channel. It is necessary to set the Trigger on each sensor I'm afraid.
Or you work with Error/Warning-Limits in the Channel-Settings on those sensors. Because you could set those with the Multi-Edit quickly on several sensors at once. And then combine this with an inherited State Trigger that "refers" to the state, which the sensors "switch" into, when they reach a certain error/warning-limit.

Created on Jul 25, 2013 3:00:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.