What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No "Start Activition Now" Button

Votes:

Hi,

I am trying a create a two node cluster. The 2nd node (the failover node) is showing a " Activation required" status with a last message of "Activation failed". Even the supposed button of "Start Activition Now" is not shown at all. The "Start Activation per EMail" link is greyed out also.

activation failover license

Created on Jul 24, 2013 1:13:04 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Make sure that you are using the commercial version of the software downloaded from the shop not the trial that can be downloaded on the normal site and make sure that you are using the same key as the master node..

If you are, have you tried rebooting the failover node to see if that allows you to activate? If that does not work, then please try re-joining the failover to the master after converting it to a standalone.

Created on Jul 24, 2013 3:30:02 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I have encountered this same problem, and have tried Greg's suggestions. Unfortunately, they did not work. My failover node is still unactivated, and the grace period has now expired. Aside from uninstalling and starting over, is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Created on Sep 9, 2013 4:26:47 PM

Votes:

Separate the cluster by stopping the master and setting the failover to standalone. You should now be able to activate the installation.

As regards the activation button: please stop and restart the PRTG services. You should then have a start activation button - and, if this fails, a functioning activation by email option.

Created on Sep 9, 2013 5:01:05 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Sep 9, 2013 5:02:14 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thanks, Patrick. That did the trick!

Created on Sep 9, 2013 8:21:16 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.