What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

A few "Maps" features that'd be REALLY nice to have

Votes:

Hi, Maps are great, I love them. But working with them can be a royal pain. A few nice to haves for the maps:

- "automatic" links to the object. It's impossibly tedious to first put down all your objects (eg graphs of sensors) and then have to navigate the device/object tree again for EVERY object one at a time to add a link to that object so when you click the graph in the map it opens the page for that object - can't it just do this by default?! (If some people don't want that, have a toggled option for "link to objects automatically" or something.) - multi-object move: select multiple objects & move them together as a unit. It's VERY tedious rearranging things one at a time! - undo (yes I know it's been asked by me & many others forever, but can't hurt to ask again)

Am happy to provide some examples of the types of maps I build where these things would be invaluable, let me know.

Thank you!

Tim

links maps move undo

Created on Jul 25, 2013 2:23:12 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

> "automatic" links to the object > multi-object move

We're already working on this, so such a feature should be implemented in one of the upcoming update releases, albeit I wouldn't be able to tell you precisely which one or when it will be available. Please bear with us.

> undo

We do have this in mind and it will eventually be implemented, but the priority on this option is relatively low, so, although it will be available, this might still take a bit longer. Sorry.

Created on Jul 26, 2013 12:18:32 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.