What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I monitor services running on a slave cluster node

Votes:

I have two nodes set up as a cluster, one node (primary) in the UK and the slave in the US.

I can add sensors to the local probe on the primary so I can check services on it, but I can't seem to find how to monitor services on the slave node as the probe doesn't appear in the interface.

Is this possible and if it is what am I doing wrong? What can't I see the probe on the slave node?

Thanks in advance,

-- Jason

P.S. Clare is our CFO who actually bought the software!

cluster probe slaves

Created on Jul 26, 2013 3:26:17 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Jason,

You should be able to see the cluster probe in the web interface and add sensors to it. Make sure that your user account is in a group that is allowed to see the cluster probe and you can also do a search and put in Cluster Probe Device.

It should be in a separate group that is created for all cluster probes. Any device that is created in the group will be monitored by both the Core and Cluster probes.

Also, make sure that the probe is connected and activated by checking the settings under Setup->System Administration->Cluster and the Cluster Status under Setup->PRTG Status->Cluster Status

Created on Jul 29, 2013 11:26:37 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.