What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG and monitoring DNS servers

Votes:

I have successfully set up a sensor to monitor our nameservers. (DNS) We use a load balancing appliance and hence our dns servers can be one of 2 addresses. I see you can set up the DNS sensor to email/SMS you if the DNS server IP address changes. This seems to be only one address. Can you specify to "alarm" if the DNS server isn't one of a number of IP numbers, or request an update to your system so this is possible? I can see this as being a very useful sensor for security purposes, especially with the DNS spoofing going on in the Internet.

Thanks in advance

Chris

dns nameservers prtg wishlist

Created on Jun 14, 2010 4:47:22 PM

Last change on Jun 15, 2010 8:23:34 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Votes:

I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment. We might add this kind of sensor to the wishlist.

Please see also Can DNS Sensor check all the IP address of one Domain site?

Created on Jun 15, 2010 8:27:26 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.