What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can not create graph map

Votes:

Hey, I can not create graph map. Previously this has not been a problem, but after we reinstalled the server and PRTG it is not possible. We have ver. 13.3.4.2605 Using Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m Nor is it possible in PRTG Network Monitor Enterprise Console either.

graphs maps prtg

Created on Aug 1, 2013 9:07:48 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Which graph are you trying to create on a custom map? Is it for a single device?

Can you try logging into the shop and downloading and installing the newest version of the software to see if that solves the issue?

Created on Aug 1, 2013 2:48:51 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm trying to create a graph showing the bandwidth usage on the switch port

Created on Aug 6, 2013 7:56:43 AM

Votes:

In the map designer tab for a map, you should be able to select the port that you want the graph for then look on the right side under graphs and there you will find a variety of graphs that you can put into the map to show the live, 30 day or 365 day graphs for that sensor.

You can also select the data tables to get the channels of the sensor as well if you want the direct values of the channels.

Created on Aug 6, 2013 9:09:42 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I made these graphs many times before, but now after upgrading PRTG it does not work anymore. Now I choose the graph eg "live" nothing happens ....

Created on Aug 6, 2013 9:12:26 AM

Votes:

Could you try updating to the newest version to see if that resolves the issue?

If the newest version (13.3.5.2684) isn't available for the auto-update you can download the software from the shop.

In order to access the download link to the newest version you have to log into your online account and download it there.

Please use the email address the license is registered to and your password to log in here: https://service.paessler.com/en/login/

Once you have downloaded the newest version there, you can install it directly over the version currently running. The configuration and database will not be affected by installing the newer version over the old and the configuration is automatically backed up before this process.

If the problem persists, please send a ticket with logs to [email protected] and refer to this KB article. Uploading Logs

Created on Aug 6, 2013 9:32:33 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.