What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No available interfaces on this device (code: PE049)

Votes:

I've read many topics with the same problem, but have not found a solution. I'm trying to get SNMP from server on Windows 2012. Mib-file taken from %windir%/system32 and converted using Paessler MIB importer v3.4.6 alpha. Checked by Paessler SNMP Tester 5.0 (Beta 11) - works fine. But when you add the sensor SNMP Library - I get the error "No available interfaces on this device (code: PE049)"

Mib, oidlib and log files - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6j8dhsslbbnziyo/ZKf3-3blF0

pe049 prtg snmp

Created on Aug 6, 2013 7:58:54 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Please run a "Scan OIDLIB" test using our SNMP Tester. Does that yield any results? If so, could you please upload the generated log file, respectively forward us the same to [email protected] (please referr to this thread if you forward us the log file by mail)?

Created on Aug 6, 2013 9:11:17 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Yes, I checked and got good results - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6j8dhsslbbnziyo/deIJHwDqMF/hostmib.txt . Ok, I send it to your mail.

Created on Aug 6, 2013 9:33:09 AM

Votes:

If you add one of the OIDs that yields a valid result as a SNMP Custom sensor, does this sensor work? What preicse version of PRTG are you currently running?

Created on Aug 6, 2013 9:46:48 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Yes, if I add one OID from that OIDLIB it work fine. PRTG version 12.2.1. I cannot update right now, because i need reconcile this with the management and security department.

Created on Aug 6, 2013 10:54:04 AM

Votes:

Would you be able to install the latest release (version 13.3.5.2684/2685) as a freeware on a separate machine and check if it works with the same?

Created on Aug 7, 2013 12:31:45 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I was getting the same error on old PRTG version 7. Seems that MIB importer V3 is too advanced for these versions, and the resulting .oidlib file has to be modified:

• <oidlist> <system> <version> element has to be "1" instead of "2".
  • the file itself has to be simple ANSI encoding without any BOM marks (importer by default saves in UTF-8 with BOM).

Bonus tip: if you get "not a valid integer" error on sensor value, set its type to "gauge/float". You can modify types in MIB importer. Please note that PRTG v7 did not support string types - sensor will be scanned, but value will be returned only as error.

Created on Feb 19, 2023 3:15:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.