This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 13 or later
Making New Sensor Types Available
If you cannot see and add new sensor types after PRTG updates, the reason is most probably that you do not have the corresponding rights with your current user login. The permission to add new types of sensors is not given automatically to user groups—unless for the PRTG System Administrator group.
If you are not logged in as admin, ensure that you have the rights to create these sensors with your current login.
Checking User Group Rights Regarding Sensor Creation
In order to check the rights for sensor creation of dedicated user groups (and to allow creation of the same), please follow the steps below:
- Login to PRTG as PRTG System Administrator.
- Choose Setup | System Administration | User Groups from the main menu bar.
- Open the settings of the group containing the user of interest by clicking on the name of the group.
- Look at the section Users May Create These Sensor Types. New sensor types will not be marked for user groups other than the administrator group.
- Mark the corresponding check boxes besides the new sensor types to allow adding these for this user group.
- Click on Continue.
Afterwards, users that are member of this user group will see the sensors that came with the latest PRTG update. Now they will be able to add these new sensor types to PRTG.