What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to hide alarms within the alarm main group

Votes:

If I like to use PRTG as a service provider, I need to have displays which run the whole day and show me alarms overall customers. I don't want for every customer a display to separate the alarms. So therefore the alarm maingroup is a good thing, but if I like to hide some alarms from specific customers I can't do that, can I? If not, it would be great, if your software team can add a function to devices or groups, which allows to hide alarms at alarm main group.

alarms monitoring prtg

Created on Aug 9, 2013 7:01:36 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

The only way that you can "hide" sensors or alarms from other users would be to put them in specific user groups and then only give the group access to the sensors that you want them to see.

Then if one of the sensors that is not in their group goes into an alarm state, they wouldn't see it. If one of the sensors you want them to see goes into an alarm state, it will show under their alarm group.

Created on Aug 12, 2013 9:38:02 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.