What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Up State Trigger

Votes:

I want PRTG to be able to send me notifications atleast once a week just to notify me if the device is up. I did this by using Status Reports and then it will send me emails every week. But I want it to send me notifications by sms too, I received the text message but I didn't get the attachment on my phone. How can I achieve this?

sensor sms-notification up-state-trigger

Created on Aug 16, 2013 8:05:24 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm sorry though, this is not possible.

best regards.

Created on Aug 19, 2013 2:40:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

What is not possible? The attachment on the phone or the sending of the notifications even if the state trigger is up? Thank You

Created on Aug 22, 2013 3:21:43 PM

Votes:

It's not possible to set a Trigger for the Condition "UP".

Created on Aug 23, 2013 9:04:49 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I hope in the meanwhile the 'Trigger for the Condition "UP" for a Windows WMI Service state has been added??? Has it?

Created on Feb 25, 2015 10:51:21 AM

Votes:

Sorry, a Trigger condition for the UP-State has not been added, and is not planned.

Created on Feb 25, 2015 1:07:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.