What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Set state to down by threshold trigger

Votes:

I have a file age sensor set to notify (via a threshold trigger) when the newest file in a directory is older than xxx days. Using the threshold seems to be the only way to do this, since the file age sensor itself can only check if the oldest file is older than xxx or the newest file is newer than yyy.

How can I set the sensor state to error when this threshold is met?

Put another way, I'm checking to make sure A/V definitions are updating. If they are not (and thus the newest definitions file is older than 24h) I want the sensor to be in a down state.

Thanks, James

error file-age threshold

Created on Aug 19, 2013 7:31:54 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The best way to do this would be to use channel limits. There you can define specifically when the sensor will go into and error state and have the sensor alert when it's in warning or error. This is done through the channel settings. Sensor Channels Settings

Created on Aug 20, 2013 9:57:02 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

Created on Aug 21, 2013 1:08:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.