What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Android not working/connecting

Votes:

Hi all,

I 've installed the app on my Google Nexus 7 and made an account. No problem there. However I'm missing something to start a session to connect to the PRTG server. I have an ip from the same LAN as the server. The server is reachable. I can start a normal browser session to PRTG. I even opened all ports on the server.

What simple thing am I missing?

TIA

Jaap

android help installation

Created on Aug 21, 2013 10:44:11 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Can you maybe send us some screenshots showing the connection settings in "PRTGDRoid" and also when you connect to your PRTG Server via the Android Browser (via email to [email protected])? Thank you.

best regards.

Created on Aug 22, 2013 9:51:26 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

PRTG is now working in my Nexus 7. I did not change any settings on it. However I installed SP1 on the W2008R2 server on which PRTG is running. Is that a dependancy for the app to work?

TIA

Jaap

Created on Aug 22, 2013 10:43:06 AM

Votes:

No, that should not be a necessary requirement.

Created on Aug 22, 2013 10:57:13 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.