What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User account used for Auto-Discovery with device template?

Votes:

I've created a auto-discovery group with sensor creation based on a device template. After the auto-discovery was completed, I noticed that in the "history" tab (last tab on the right), it shows that the sensor were created by a different user.

The auto-discovery was run under my user account, but the user listed in the history tab is a totally different user which only has "read-only" rights. (but used to have admin rights).

Any idea why the wrong user is being shown as having created the sensors?

auto-discovery device-template user

Created on Aug 23, 2013 6:40:30 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for the KB-Post. Could it be that this particular user created the parent group here? We've checked the code, and PRTG should use the User-ID, but that might come from the parent group if you perform the discovery directly then in this group for a device. Maybe uploading some screenshots will make things clearer.

best regards.

Created on Aug 27, 2013 1:55:18 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.